Spring/Summer Trends 2013

Spring/Summer 2013

This season on the Spring/Summer 2013 Catwalk, lots of stunning neutral colours were paraded by the models. The neutral colours look stunning when combined with darker tones, which makes for an elegant and classic impact.

I have created this collage to give you an idea of how I would put together an outfit.


Spring/Summer 2013







The stunning Izabel peplum top from the House of Fraser can be worn as daytime or evening wear. It can be worn with white (as shown) or neutral skinny jeans, but depending on your style you could pair it with leggings or even a little black skirt.

As for the outerwear, I have chosen an elegant, fitted blazer from Dorothy Perkins. I feel that this really is the crème de la crème of the outfit. In my personal opinion, fitted blazers really do complete any outfit.


It's all about accessories girls! I feel that bags and shoes really determine the look you want to achieve. I wanted to achieve a more sophisticated look, so I went ahead and added the ever so popular Louis Vuitton Neverfull PM bag in Damier Ebene. The dark caramel coloured bag certainly looks gorgeous and flows with the neutral theme.


On to the breathtaking heeled pumps from Rupert Sanderson, I feel that the cream coloured pumps really make one big statement. It really does pull the outfit together.


Lastly, I decided that makeup plays a big part in what look you wish to achieve. I feel that a dewy, fresh face is best, paired with baby pink lips, light mascara and light coral cheeks.


What's the best foundation to achieve a light, dewy finish but still providing the right amount of coverage?


All rights belong to Maybelline.

My answer to that is Maybelline Fit Me foundation. It lasts a long time, provides excellent coverage and leaves a velvet, dewy finish.
If you tend to have oily skin, like myself, just add a light dusting of matte powder to your skin and you are good to go!


What is your favourite look this season?


No comments:

Post a Comment