Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush.


I recently purchased a new blusher. I needed something that was great for summer, long lasting and also something that gives me a little pop of colour. Whilst I was looking through various blog reviews about Chanel blushers, I took the plunge and puchased Joues Contraste Powder Blush.

The Colours -

  • Frivole
  • Orchid Rose
  • Pink Explosion
  • Plum Attraction
  • Reflex
  • Rose Initiale
  • Rose Petal

My Purchase -



Ta-dah! I'm a sucker for packaging and I have to say, Chanel has beautiful packaging! 
It's a pricey blush but when you take this out of your bag everyday to touch up your makeup, you realise that it is so worth the money...... or not. I'm just trying to justify myself here! (haha!)


The colour I chose is called 'Reflex'

 It's a subtle coral colour with a hint of shimmer. If you're like me and you don't like glitter in blusher, you'll love this one! It makes your skin look like it's glowing instead of looking like you've been playing in a glitter bath for hours... umm, I honestly don't know what a glitter bath is and I'm pretty sure I made that up, but it sounds fun!

As you can see, the Chanel blush comes with a little brush that you could use for applying it to the apples of your cheeks. I emphazise on the word could because, well let's be honest, nobody ever really needs these little brushes, unless you're stuck on a desert Island somewhere. Just sayin'.

Although I feel like this blush will suit every complextion, I decided to take a swatch for you Bloggerettes and show you what it would look like on olive skin tone.



I had to put quite a lot on my had for it to show up on camera, as it is a subtle coral colour, but I love how it looks on my cheeks! 



The pros of this blush has to be the excellent packaging and the staying power that it has. If you're like me with combonation/oily skin, you often find that blushers usually fade throughout the day. I wore Reflex yesterday and it did last all day.

The cons of this blush is probably the price. It retails for £31.00. It's obviously not a blush that I would purchase each time I run out of it but I once I have, I certainly will re-puchase in the far, far future.


How do you like the Chanel Blushes?  Do you think they're a waste on money or a good investment?

Comment below and let me know!










No comments:

Post a Comment